Washing your face is actually a very common thing among the people, but it is also related to the several important aspects for your whole life. When you don’t properly clean your face, then it will result in the various considerable problems such as irritation, dryness, wrinkles and premature sagging.
A lot of doctors and dermatology specialists are providing the statements that both the men and women are doing a lot of mistakes while cleansing their face. Here is a list of such mistakes and myths about washing your face. At the same time, you can also learn how to correct all of such mistakes.
Important things about washing your face
- Choosing a right cleanser – Now days, there are different types and brands of the cleansers currently available in the market to clean your face. But you should need to select a right cleanser based on your skin type. You should pick the pH balanced cleanser which is perfectly suitable for your face. At the same time, don’t use the bar soap if you have dry or very dry skin because it will make your skin too drying.
- Make sure using the clean hands – While cleaning your face, you should also need to use only the clean hands. The dirty hands will not be good for your facial skin health. This is why it is highly crucial to wash your hands first and then wash your face.
- Washing your washcloth – If you are using the washcloth for your face, you should also need to ensure that is also clean. You have to perfectly clean the washcloth every day or you should use a new one each time for washing your face. But most of the doctors suggest using only the fingers to clean your face. It is just like you wash your face with hand soap.
- You are getting warmer – If you wish to use the lukewarm water for cleaning your face, you should need to ensure that your skin remains unaffected and hydrated. A lot of doctors suggest using the medium heat lukewarm water not too hot and not too cold to perfectly clean the face.
- Don’t over exfoliate – Some of the people are scrubbing their skin too much with the exfoliants and scrubs but they will totally spoil your face. You should be gentle while cleaning the face and avoid using the harsh scrubbers. If you want to use the scrubs, use only the gentle exfoliants or scrubs which will not cause any damage to your skin.
- Number of times – Considering how many times should I wash my face is also very important for everyone. It is recommended cleaning your face twice a day but not too much cleaning. This is because too much cleaning will reduce the facial natural oil and cause some damages.
If you are properly following all of these steps, you can definitely maintain a beautiful face with no damages.